vegan MoFo day 27: burned out quinoa and beans.
i know we're all busy bees and kick'n booty with the MoFo posts, but i've gotta admit, i'm burned out today. but 'cha know, there's only 4 more days and i'm thinking i'm gonna make 31 posts again this year.huzzah! so today i'm taking a break 'cause my brain hurts. here's what i've got going on - easy peasy quinoa and beans bowl. i'll have something more exciting looking tomorrow. promise thomas. ;)
here's how the quinoa bean bowls go (don't let the simplicity of this dish fool ya, it's crazy tasty just like it is - although i will admit if you drizzle on a little lemony-tahini sauce it'll take you places you've never been to before. fo 'sho.):
- bring 1 cup of water + 1 cup of well-rinsed quinoa to a boil in a small pot. once boiling - cover with a lid, reduce the heat to low & cook for 20 minutes.
- saute 1/2 a minced, yellow onion on medium heat.
- add in 2 cups of beans (user's choice - i chose black & white beans this go around) once the onion has softened.
- while your beans are cooking mince 2 big fat cloves of garlic.
- make a well in the middle of the beans 'n onions - add minced garlic and a glub of olive oil.
- stir it all up once garlic is fragrant.
- season bean mix with sea salt & black pepper. turn off the heat and let the beans, onions and garlic hang out for a bit.
- chop kale & massage with olive oil & a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- at this point your quinoa should be ready to go - remove from heat when finished, flush with fork and add everything together (raw, massaged kale + beans & onions + quinoa) in a large bowl.
- another glub of olive oil, another shake of sea salt 'n pepper.
what are some of your favorite easy peasy/i'm too tired/feeling kinda "meh"/don't have time meals to make?