Wednesday, October 26, 2011

vegan MoFo day twenty six: T's Potato Carrot Latkes

vegan MoFo day 26: T's potato carrot latkes.



these are (by far!) the best latkes i've had. last december we attempted some when visiting my mom 'n dad for christmas - we used a binder (flax egg) and they just didn't crisp up right, but T's cornstarch 'n flour method (we used brown rice flour) worked perfectly (we should have used her recipe last year!)!

i told T last year i couldn't wait to try out her potato carrot latkes and it's about time i got off my ass and made these deliciousnesses. i'm so superhappyfaced we finally did - 'cause these are some seriously scrumptious (and easy to make!) latkes and i absolutely adore love the addition of carrots. they give them great color, awesome flavor, and makes latkes that much more fantastical! thanks for the yummiest latkes, T!

p.s. - we don't have a potato ricer, so we used a clean kitchen towel to wrap up the taters 'n carrots & gave the towel a good wringing over the sink. worked great, too!

6 comments:

Dawn said...

They look so yummy. I totally need to come over for brunch one day! Also love the classic Corelle dishes.

laceylovesfood said...

Those plantains look great :) I know that wasn't the focus of the post, but yum!

Bianca said...

Oooooh, it is almost latke time. Latkes are the number one reason I wish I was Jewish...

eatingappalachia.com said...

Love the latkes--adding carrots is such a good idea!

vegan.in.brighton said...

I've never tried latkes but any kind of fried potato is awesome in my book!

T said...

Aww, thanks for trying one of my recipes! I love the idea of serving them with plantains. Its just about latke time around here too, I can't wait!