Sunday, June 3, 2012

let's get our Great Gluten-Free Vegan Eats on & win a copy for yourself!

hiya, howdy and hello! it's been a loooong time and so much has happened since october. while we're still busy bees (and i promise update you all next post - which i promise won't be months down the road!), i wanted to take a bit to post about something that i'm really superexcitedfaced about. my good friend allyson kramer, of Manifest Vegan has published her first cookbook! squeeeeeeeeeeeee! Great Gluten-Free Vegan Eats is out now and since its arrival dan and i have been cooking up all kinds of gloriously fantastical eats! let me tell you, friends - don't be all, "well, i'm not gluten-free...it's not for me." it IS! it's for everyone! you don't have to be gluten-free to enjoy allyson's super stellar recipes! i promise they're not intimidating either (i know some gluten-free recipes can be), and we've served her dishes to people who aren't gluten-free (many of them were omnivores, too) with tasty success! while my photos might not be doing allyson's eats much justice, you'll be most happyfaced to know that every recipe in her book has a gorgeous photo to accompany it. this way you can totally flip through and make what recipes you drool the most. w00t! oh yeah, and she includes nutritional information for every recipe as well. seriously, guysers - what's not to love?!? oh, and we're giving away 2 copies of Great Gluten-Free Vegan Eats - details are at the end of this post, friends. so here are a few Great Gluten-Free Vegan Eats we've been enjoying lately, thanks to allyson's amazing cookbook.

we've just got to start off with allyson's butter pecan sticky rolls. look at them!
i made these for dan and my family when we had brunch together and they were devoured. i thought this recipe would be a little labor intensive, but i should have known better - it was easy to make and turned out to be absolutely amazing. that's the one thing i've never been overly good at in the gluten-free department - baked goods. seriously - i suck at gluten-free baked goods and most recipes i try don't work out no matter how well i follow directions. even if you're not gluten-free you need to do yourself and your tummy a favor and make these sticky rolls. pronto! not only did these stinky buns turn out to be most excellent, but all baked goods i've made from allyson's site have been downright awesome, too. she really knows her stuff!

black bean, potato & cheese enchiladas. these were ridiculous. super easy to make and man, they were uber yum! cheezy, potato-y, & perfect! they were packed full of flavor and the leftovers were just as tasty. we served our leftovers with a little green tabasco sauce 'n guacamole. huzzah!

this bowl of awesome contains allyson's cold sesame noodles. they're dan's new favorite, fo 'sho. he goes banoodles for the sesame-peanut sauce & adds a little sriracha on top of his noodles.
i'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to spice, so i tossed on some chopped cilantro. the leftovers are great with baked tofu and steamed broccoli if you wanna add something to 'em.

creamy potato salad. not only is this potato salad oh-so creamy, but it's the best damn potato salad i've had. you see, back in my omni days i absolutely adored my mom's potato salad. hers always had this flavor i could never quite replicate and i really missed it. none of the vegan potato salad recipes i'd tried to date were even close to my momma's. i was a bit hesitant to try allyson's because i was afraid i'd be a little disappointed.

boy was i happyfaced to be wrong. allyson's creamy potato salad had the exact flavor (and texture) i had been missing from my mom's potato salad. this potato salad didn't last a day in our house. it was that delicious. :)

lastly we've got my allyson's mediterranean croquettes and her carrot celeriac remoulade atop. my sister and i try to get together about once a week and cook dinner for each other. we trade off who does the cooking and a last time i decided to whip up these lovelies. mmmmmmm!

first off, the croquettes were crazy easy to make - and crazy delicious. as for the remoulade, i have to admit, most of it was eaten straight out of the mixing bowl. what was left paired well with the croquettes to create a dish we both ooooh'd and ahhhhh'd over - and the leftover croquettes were great on salads and stuffed into wraps.

you can bet your boots we'll be trying more of allyson's recipes in the furture and i urge you all to get your hands on Great Gluten-Free Vegan Eats. allyson's recipes are for everyone - gluten-free or not. they really, truly are! if you'd like to win a copy just leave a comment letting us know why you'd love a copy for yourself we'll randomly draw 2 winners so you can both get cooking and enjoy allyson's recipes yourself! we'll select 2 winners by June 17th - and yes, this is open to everyone all over the world!

we hope you all is awesome with everyone - and we'll be posting more soon, we promise! <3

28 comments:

K said...

I've ordered it online and waiting for it to arrive. I can't wait, those buns look amazing. It will be so good to have a cookbook where I don't need to make any adjustments and can eat every recipe!

AlwaysJoy said...

Ooooh I'd so love to win this! If for no reason other than your photo of the sticky rolls! Hubs is not vegan and doesn't have faith in any of my vegan baked goodies! I'm betting those would win him over

Get Skinny, Go Vegan. said...

Those Cinnamon rolls look lovely!

glutenfreehappytummy.com said...

welcome back!! oh my gosh, all those look absolutely incredible! especially the cinnamon rolls and the enchiladas! thanks for sharing!

East Village Vegan said...

Cinnamon Rolls look tasty!

Yvonne said...

I've been visiting her blog from the beginning and I love her recipes. I've seen some pictures from testers on the blogs and everything looks delicious. But as I have a tremendous sweet tooth I'm deperately longing to make the cinnamon rolls!

Molly G said...

Welcome back! Allyson is a fantastic cook and baker. I have been eyeing her cookbook since its release. An easy cinnamon roll recipe? Sign me up!

Nanette Russell said...

One of my best friends is gluten free and vegetarian, but I am vegan so I find myself running out of ideas - and we spend a lot of time together and I cannot feed her tacos and chocolate brownies for ever!

Lindsey McWhorter said...

These recipes look great!!! We eat vegan at my house but I haven't experiment too much yet with Gluten Free. These recipes look so delicious and I think making the recipes from this book would be a great starting place!

Kathryn said...

I would like a copy of this book because I love to cook and always enjoy trying new vegan recipes. Those enchiladas & mediterranean croquettes look delicious so I am sure the rest of the recipes will be right up my alley!

Trying to Shine said...

I really, really really really really. (REALLY) hehe Hope I can win this. I love Allyson's blog, and due to some unforseen circumstances I couldn't get this. I am really interested in doing gluten free recipes more often and I know this will be the best way to do it! :)

Flora @ TNSK said...

This looks like a great book. I'd love to have it and read it and use it!

Katherine said...

as a vegan, i need this book !!

katherinedibello (at) gmail (dot) com

Courtney said...

I would love to win so I could try the sesame noodles. Yum!

eatingappalachia.com said...

Jessy! I missed you so much! Can't wait to hear about what's been going on in your life these past months :)

Your meals from Allyson's book look incredible, especially that potato salad. I'm such a sucker for a good potato salad. Thanks for sharing the review!

Elizabeth said...

I've never commented on your blog before, but I have to say I'm so happy you're back!! I love reading about all of your adventures - cooking or not - and have made many recipes from your archives that turned out great.

I'd love to win a copy of this cookbook because I have barely dappled in gluten-free cooking but would love to start! All of the recipes you reviewed above look totally amazing! Thanks for hosting such a great giveaway!

Vic Robinson said...

You're back! Woot! Now send some of those cinnamon rolls my way! :)

http://haymarket8.blogspot.com

moonsword said...

I'd love to try more baking, especially the recipe for Blueberry Cake Donuts! Superyumful!

Mary Geraci Levesque said...

Yum! New to veganism plus being gluten-free, this looks like a real find!

dreaminitvegan said...

Jessy I've missed you!!! It's nice that you are back. This cookbook sounds perfect for us. My son loves tahini sauce on his noodles with lemon, yum! Those croquettes look AWESOME. Thanks for sharing and seeing more posts. So glad all is well with you both.

irenahani said...

Yay! You're back, and bearing gifts!
I loved your review and am most encouraged that I too can conquer gluten free baking. Would love to win this cookbook.

~Deb~ said...

HI!! Im a newbie of the world of vegan eating and all the foods you posted look sooo good! I would love to win the cookbook!!! That would be so helpful in my new journey! thanks so much!

chow vegan said...

Gluten-free or not, everything looks super yummy! :-)

moonsword said...

I need to learn more about gluten-free cooking...Great Gluten-Free Vegan Eats would be a big help. Thanks!

Mandee said...

Hey Jessy! So good to see you posting again! Shame on me for not having ordered this book, I had a preorder I'm sure, I don't know where it is but THANK YOU for the reminder, I need to order a copy like NOW! xox

Lyndsay said...

Winning would be coolio, but super happy to see you pop up in my reader!!!!! I kept checking to see that I hadn't missed a post. Hope all is well with you!!!look forward to an update.
Lyndsay from VeganCowGirl (ourfeministplayschool.ca these days!)

JENNA said...

I bought this book at a book signing for it and can't wait to have some extra time to try out some of the recipes.

Dawn said...

I've missed you. Are you going to do mofo this year?